The Business and Accountancy programs are competitive courses offered in LCC. Its primary task is to produce and contribute in the development of business and accounting professional as well entrepreneurs.
Graduates of Business and or Accountancy program should be able to:
- Prepare, analyze, and evaluate reports, proposals and concept papers.
- Demonstrate the values of fairness, transparency, accountability, hard work, honesty, patience, diligence, innovativeness and risk taking.
- Develop the ability to access, retrieve and disseminate information using IT.
- Perform quality work.
- Participate actively in business associations and comply with their policies and obligations.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, civic-mindedness and responsible citizenship.
- Conduct feasibility study and other business research/plan.
- Know and understand the country’s national development thrusts, and concerns.
The 5-Year BS Accountancy program has its primary goal to produce competent professional accountants capable of making a positive contribution over their lifetimes to the profession and society in which they work. After completion of the program and passing the CPA licensure examination by the Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC), the graduates can pursue a career in accountancy and related professions. Specific jobs vary widely among the four major fields of accountancy: public practice, commerce and industry, government and education.
The 4-Year BS Accounting Technology is a ladderized program leading to the degree of BS Accountancy. After completion of the second year, Certificate of Accounting Technology may be given equivalent to the National Competency II (NC II) of TESDA. The program also prepares the students for the Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) licensure examinations and for employment in field of accounting ranging from private establishments and public sector or government agencies.
- Major in Human Resources Development Management (HRDM)
The 4-Year BS Business Administration major in Human Resource Development Management program of LCC prepares the students for a career in Human Resource Management in various corporations whether in the manufacturing, marketing and service sectors, or in the different types of industries such as pharmaceutical, semiconductor, food and beverage, banking industries and other types of organizations. Aside from the HRDM major the program also prepares the BSBA students in the general perspective view of business and organization management such as operations management, marketing management, accounting, financial and accounting management. total quality management, information systems, e-commerce and entrepreneurship.
Business and Accountancy Students
CAREER AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
BS Accountancy Graduates
- Public Practice: Partner, Senior Partner, Senior Consultant/Financial Advisor
- Commerce and Industry: Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer
- Government: National Treasurer, Vice President for Finance/CFO (for GOCCs),Commissioner, Associate Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, (COA, BIR, BOC)
- Education: Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dean
- Public Practice: Audit Manager, Tax Manager, Consulting Manager
- Commerce and Industry: Comptroller, Senior Information Systems Auditor, Senior Fraud Examiner, Senior Forensic Auditor
- Government: State Accountant V, Director III and Director IV, Government Accountancy and Audit, Financial Services Manager, Audit Services Manager, Senior Auditor
- Education: Senior Faculty, Accounting Department Chair
- Public Practice: Audit Staff, Tax Staff, Management Services/Consulting StaffCommerce and Industry:
- Financial Accounting & Reporting Staff, Management Accounting Staff
- Tax Accounting Staff, Internal Audit Staff, Financial Analyst, Budget Analyst, Credit Analyst, Cost Accountant
- Government: State Accounting Examiner, State Accountant, LGU Accountant, Revenue Officer
- Audit Examiner, Budget Analyst, Financial Services SpecialistEducation: Junior Accounting Instructor
BS Accounting Technology Graduates
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Vice President for Finance / CFO
Middle level Positions
- Senior Information Systems Internal Auditor
- Senior Fraud Examiner
- Senior Forensic Internal Auditor
- Financial Services Manager
Entry level positions
- Financial Statement Preparers
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Staff
- Management Accounting Staff
- Tax Accounting Staff
- Internal Audit Staff
- Financial Analyst
- Credit Analyst
BS Business Administration Graduates
Any supervisory or managerial job in the field of specialization, government and private
- Management Trainee in Human Resource Business Manager
- Human Resources Head
- Business Researcher
Entry-level jobs per area of specialization
- Office Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Human Resource Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Recruitment Assistant
- Compensation Assistant
- Benefits Assistant
- Training and Development Assistant