The BS Civil Engineering (BSCE) program of LCC is the pioneer higher education program in the City of San Jose del Monte Bulacan. Civil Engineering is one of the broadest engineering disciplines both in terms of the range of problems that fall within its purview and in the range of knowledge required to solve those problems.
BSCE prepares the students for part of a profession that applies the basic principles of science in conjunction with mathematical and computational tools to solve problems associated with developing and sustaining civilized life on our planet.
- The BS Civil Engineering program prepares students to be a licensed Civil Engineer. The graduates can pursue a career specific among the five major fields of Civil Engineering: Construction Engineering and Management, Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, and Water Resources Engineering.
Graduates of LA CONCEPCION COLLEGE have the ability to:
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice;
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino;
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Act in recognition of professional, social, and ethical responsibility;
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722); and
- Participate in various types of employment, development activities, and public discourses, particularly in response to the needs of the communities one serves. (based CMO No. 46, series 2012).
Program Outcomes for BSCE:
Graduates of the BS Civil Engineering program equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, attitude, and values shall be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve civil engineering problems;
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards;
- Function in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems;
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility;
- Communicate effectively civil engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large;
- Understand the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognize the need for, and engage in life-long learning
- Know contemporary issues;
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice; and
- Know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
AutoCAD Computer Laboratory
Engineering Drawing and Plans Laboratory (Drafting Room)
CAREER AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
Graduates of the Civil Engineering program are prepared for careers in the following fields, among others:
- Licensed Civil Engineer
- Civil Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Civil Project Engineer
- Civil Engineering Technicians
- Construction Managers
- Environmental Engineers
- Landscape Architects
- Urban and Regional Planners