The Business Administration program utilizes an integrated approach to study the interrelationships among the different functional areas of business and examine how the effective orchestration of these different components of business operations can lead to organizational success. At the end of the program, students are expected to appreciate the economic, social, technological as well as legal environments within which all businesses must operate, and possess the basic business knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes to effectively lead an organization and achieve the desired results.
It is an interdisciplinary and problem-focused program compns1ng three integrated elements: core business and management education courses, business administration core and major courses. Each major consists of courses designed to develop the critical thinking and analytical information/communication technology skills, human relation, communication, quantitative and computer skills needed by the graduates to successfully serve as leaders in business organizations. The program also addresses contemporary organizational issues such as global competition, continuous quality improvement, good governance, and the relationship between organizations and various environmental forces which are key components of a global economy.
A distinctive feature of the program is that the majority of upper-level courses include a practical project component, offering the opportunity to apply the problem-solving theories and concepts learned in the classroom to real situations. Extensive opportunities are available for students to meet business professionals and gain practical experience.
- The BS Business Administration program of LCC prepares the students for a career in any organization, handling many diverse human capital requirements of the organization, financial management, staffing, career development, and marketing. The BSBA students in are trained with the general perspective view of business and organization management such as operations management, marketing management, financial and accounting management. total quality management, information systems, e-commerce, and entrepreneurship.
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
Graduates of LA CONCEPCION COLLEGE have the ability to:
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice;
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino;
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Act in recognition of professional, social, and ethical responsibility;
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722);
- Participate in various types of employment, development activities, and public discourses, particularly in response to the needs of the communities one serves. (based CMO No. 46, series 2012); and
- Embody the LCC’s Core Values – Leadership, Competitiveness, and Culture of Excellence that befit a true proud LCCian.
Business Administration Common Program Outcomes:
Graduates of the Business and Accountancy programs equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, attitude, and values shall be able to:
- Describe basic functions of management such as planning, organizing, leading, and controlling;
- Identify and describe the basic concepts that underlie each of the functional areas of business and employ these concepts in various business situations;
- Select proper decision-making tools to critically, analytically, and creatively solve problems and drive results;
- Express clearly and communicate effectively with stakeholders both in oral and written forms;
- Apply information and communication technology (ICT) skills as required by the business environment;
- Work effectively with other stakeholders and manage conflict in the workplace;
- Organize and lead groups to plan and implement business-related activities;
- Demonstrate corporate citizenship and social responsibility; and
- Exercise high personal moral and ethical standards.
Program Outcomes for BSBA:
Graduates of the BS Business Administration program equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, attitude, and values shall be able to:
- Analyze business environment for a strategic direction;
- Prepare operational plans;
- Innovate business ideas based on emerging industry;
- Manage a strategic business unit for economic sustainability; and
- Conduct business research.
CAREER AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
Graduates of the Business Administration programs are prepared for careers in the following fields, among others:
BS Business Administration Graduates
Any supervisory or managerial job in the field of specialization, government, and private
- Banking and Financial Management
- Human Resource Development
- Marketing and Advertising
- Business Researcher
Entry-level jobs per area of specialization
- Office Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Human Resource Assistant
- Banking, Trust, or Insurance Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Marketing Assistant