LCC’s Hospitality Management programs prepare the students to acquire the necessary competencies, knowledge, skills, and attitude needed to execute operational tasks and management functions in hotels, accommodations, restaurants, food beverage service, food production, culinary, and other forms of hospitality and tourism management industries.
- The BS Hospitality Management (formerly known as BS Hotel and Restaurant Management) program will eventually enable students to be hone for the management field of the different aspects of hospitality, tourism including hotel, restaurant, and resort operations. In the end, the students are expected to perform the required tasks either in rank and file, supervisory and managerial levels of operations.
- The program is a bundle of Tourism and Hospitality skills duly Registered in TESDA with the following skills: Housekeeping NC II and Food and Beverage Services NC II, summing up for a total of 2-Years in duration leading to a 4-Year degree program of BS Hospitality Management.
Graduates of LA CONCEPCION COLLEGE have the ability to:
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice;
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino;
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Act in recognition of professional, social, and ethical responsibility;
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722);
- Participate in various types of employment, development activities, and public discourses, particularly in response to the needs of the communities one serves. (based CMO No. 46, series 2012); and
- Embody the LCC’s Core Values – Leadership, Competitiveness, and Culture of Excellence that befit a true proud LCCian.
Toursim and Hospitality Common Program Outcomes:
Graduates of the Tourism and Hospitality programs equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, attitude, and values shall be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the tourism industry, local tourism products, and services;
- Interpret and apply relevant laws related to tourism industry;
- Observe and perform risk mitigation activities;
- Utilize information technology applications for tourism and hospitality;
- Manage and market a service-oriented business organization;
- Prepare and monitor industry-specific financial transactions and reports;
- Perform human capital development functions of a tourism-oriented organization; and
- Utilize various communication channels proficiently in dealing with guests and colleagues.
Program Outcomes for BSHM:
Graduates of the BS Hospitality Management program equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, attitude, and values shall be able to:
- Produce food products and services complying with enterprise standards;
- Apply management skills in food and beverage service operations;
- Perform and provide full guest cycle services for front office;
- Perform and maintain various housekeeping services for guest and facility operations;
- Plan and implement a risk management program to provide a safe and secure workplace; and
- Provide food and beverage service and manage operation seamlessly based on industry standards.
CAREER AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
Graduates of the Hospitality Management programs are prepared for careers in the following fields, among others:
- Commis (Entry level assistant chef)
- F&B service Attendant
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Front Office Agent
- Front Desk Clerk
- Front Office Supervisor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Head Waiter
- Assistant Cook
- Restaurant Managers
- Food Stylist
- Event Planner
- Cruise Worker
- Leisure and Recreation Consultant